Information Risk & Security Analyst
- 29 Brandon Street, Wellington Central, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Customer
Ko wai mātou | About us
Our purpose is to put our energy where it matters, to decarbonise the New Zealand energy sector and promote #changematters. We are passionate about our mission and proud to have a tribe of people behind us working towards a common purposes. With such an ambitious goal, you might ask yourself – how does this opportunity help support a better, cleaner NZ?
Ko tō mātou kaupapa nui ko te tuku atu i tō mātou pūngao ki te wāhi e tika ana, kia whakahaukino kore ai i te rāngai pūngao o Aotearoa me te whakatairanga atu i te #changematters. E kaingākau ana mātou mō tō mātou whāinga matua, ā, e whakahīhī ana anō mātou i te iwi tangata kei muri i a mātou e whaiwhai ana i te whāinga kotahi. Nā runga i tēnei whāinga teitei, tērā pea ka ui ake koe ki a koe anō--ka pēhea tēnei āheinga e tautoko ana i tētehi Aotearoa pai ake, Aotearoa mā ake?
Here’s the exciting part
We’re looking for a knowledgeable, and experienced security professional with a strong grasp of most aspects of enterprise security to join our driven and passionate information risk and security team.
Security risk management is a big focus of this role, but there is opportunity to be involved in various other aspects of security, so the responsibilities are often wide and varied. Assisting to define the strategic plan for delivery of security countermeasures over the short to medium term. And being an Instrumental part of the delivery team for the initiatives on the security program of work are just two examples.
There’s plenty of opportunities for a motivated security professional to get involved with pretty much all aspects of security in this role.
Let us paint a picture of some of the work you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of security risk management at project level on projects across the organisation.
- Security risk management across all areas of the organisation
- Security Reporting
- Identification and delivery of strategic goals
- Security Incident Management
- Threat evaluation and mitigation
- Operational risk management
- Security Risk management - Involvement with BAU risk and assurance activities. Delivery of risk management at project level on projects across the organisation.
What we’d love to see in your application
We’re looking for someone with 3 - 5 years of experience in an information security role. This will entail a sound track record of the delivery of security risk management outputs, and a strong technical security background. Industry qualifications such as Security+, GIAC, CISSP, or other security vendor certifications would be advantageous. A tertiary level qualification in an ICT related discipline would also be beneficial.
You'll be proficient with;
- The identification, analysis, and mitigation of security risks across a wide range of different scenarios.
- The ability to to align security risk control objectives with solution design and architecture requirements and work closely with other teams, both internally and externally, to ensure effective integration and deployment.
- Possessing strong people skills, you'll be able to communicate clearly and concisely, and collaborative effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You’ll also have a strong technical background with a good understanding of the vast majority of security tools and services and their optimal use within an ICT enterprise.
He mea nui ngā paki kōrero ki a mātou i Contact, nā reira, mēnā kei a koe tētehi e hāngai pea ana ki tā mātou e kimi nei i tēnei tūranga kei raro iho nei--kei te hiahia mātou kia whakapā mai ai koe!
We are big on stories here at Contact, so if you have one that you think might align with what we are looking for in the role below – we would love to hear from you!
Contact Energy is committed to being an inclusive employer. We want people to be themselves, after all, they can't be anyone else!
Please note, only candidates with the right to live and work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.