Manager - Sustainability (Taupo, Auckland or Wellington based)
- 29 Brandon Street, Wellington Central, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Department: Generation & Trading
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ko tō mātou kaupapa nui ko te tuku atu i tō mātou pūngao ki te wāhi e tika ana, kia whakahaukino kore ai i te rāngai pūngao o Aotearoa me te whakatairanga atu i te #changematters. E kaingākau ana mātou mō tō mātou whāinga matua, ā, e whakahīhī ana anō mātou i te iwi tangata kei muri i a mātou e whaiwhai ana i te whāinga kotahi. Nā runga i tēnei whāinga teitei, tērā pea ka ui ake koe ki a koe anō--ka pēhea tētahi Piringa Ākonga Raumati Hangarau e hāngai ai ki tēnei whēkitenga.
Ko tētehi o ngā āhuatanga e tautoko ana i tō mātou angitūtanga, arā, ko te whakatūturutanga i ngā hangarau tika hei tautoko i ō mātou tāngata me ō mātou taiwhanga (taiwhanga hiko) hei ngā wā e tika ana. Kei te hiahia mātou kia whakatūturu nei i ngā hangarau, mā konei ka hua ake te mahitahitanga, te kōrero tahitanga me ngā tū whakahaeretanga e aro ai mātou ki te whāngaitanga atu i ngā pūngao mā ake ki ngā tāngata whānui o Aotearoa, me te waihanga i ngā huarahi e āwhina ai i a rātou kia ngāwari ake ai, ā, kia māmā ake ai te utu o ō rātou oranga.
Mehemea kei te kimi koe i tētehi āheinga e taea ai e koe te whakamahi i ō pūkenga mātauranga i runga i ngā mahi whai painga--kaua e titiro kē atu.
Our purpose is to put our energy where it matters, to decarbonise the New Zealand energy sector and promote #changematters. We are passionate about our mission and proud to have a tribe of people behind us working towards a common purpose. With such an ambitious goal, you might ask yourself – how does this opportunity help support a better, cleaner NZ?
One of the critical elements to our success is ensuring we have the right technologies, processes, and frameworks to support our people, our plant (power stations) and our customers at the right time. We want to continue to grow our culture, where our people are empowered to collaborate, communicate, and challenge our thinking through the stuff we mentioned before, essentially to strengthen our technology. The Project Manager plays a crucial role in making this a reality.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This role is for someone who is passionate about developing and leading the delivery of Contact’s sustainability strategy. You’ll be focused on keeping Contact aligned with the expectations of our stakeholders and you’ll embed a culture that delivers a positive impact across a range of environmental, cultural and social issues.
You’ll lead a small team towards implementing sustainability programmes, ESG reporting and assisting with our environmental, community relations and tangata whenua relationships for the company. Here is some of the stuff you’ll do:
- You’ll build a solid understanding of environmental, social and economic factors that may impact on the company and the communities in which we operate.
- You’ll lead in the development of Contact’s sustainability strategy, projects, policies, targets and associated resources and systems.
- You’ll lead in the reporting by working with the business to develop and gather relevant data from across the business, managing the assurance process and making sure we’re using the best practice frameworks.
- You’ll be a natural leader, managing a small team of Sustainability Advisors to support the execution of the sustainability strategy and programme.
This role can be based at any of our sites located in Auckland, Taupo or Wellington.
Ko wai koe | About you
You will be passionate about sustainability and the environment and driving cultural change is at your core. You’ll be known for building solid relationships and are confident in representing Contact at a number of events or while speaking to media.
- You’ll be a pro at communicating – this role will work with teams across the company to develop and implement the sustainability strategy and also externally by engaging with community groups, central and local government, tangata whenua, industry advocates and more.
- You’ll be a storyteller – supporting and sharing everything around Contact’s sustainability journey, strategy, progress and resources.
- You’ll be a relationship builder – growing and maintaining enduring relationships with stakeholders around the key materiality areas.
- You’re comfy dealing with ambiguity – coping effectively with change and you can easily shift gears when needed.
Like any opportunity, there are some key skills that we would like to add to our team. You will be at the top of your game when it comes to this:
- 5+ years experience in sustainability, environment, resource management, social impact or other sustainability related area.
- A robust understanding of corporate sustainability, including ESG frameworks.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and deliver social and environmental impact projects.
- Superb communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong thought leadership capabilities, with excellent influencing skill.
- Experience maintaining and/or mentoring others.
- Integrity and high personal and professional standards.
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Experience working with tangata whenua and an understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the New Zealand electricity and gas markets would be advantageous.
At Contact we are extremely fortunate to actively promote a new ways of working programme, essentially this means that the life/work balance actively present.
If working for a progressive company is for you, apply now. Thanks and looking forward to the korero.
Contact Energy is committed to being an inclusive employer. We want people to be themselves, after all, they can't be anyone else!
Please note, only candidates with the right to live and work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.