Vice President Strategic Partners
- Chicago, IL, USA
At Conga, we believe that growth equals opportunity. It’s how we drive our business, but it’s also how we view our people and culture. Growth creates opportunity—we know that by growing our team of passionate, talented individuals, we have the opportunity to excel as the best tech company in the industry.
Our people are committed to the Conga mission to inspire, enable, and guide customers to success. We live this every day, working relentlessly to create powerful products that drive unmatched business results for our customers, while delivering service that is second to none. Conga’s position as the leader in digital document transformation, the provider of one of the top paid applications on the Salesforce AppExchange, our more than 11,000 customers and our collection of five-star reviews show our dedication to this mission! Conga has tremendous momentum. Our net dollar retention and NPS scores are industry leading.
Conga offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment for professionals looking to help build and enhance a seamless customer experience. Our top of the line product suite, dedicated employees, and proven leadership team provide a solid foundation to support our continued growth and success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including 100% paid health insurance for employees, 401k plan, generous PTO schedule, and many additional perks!
As the Vice President of Strategic Partners, you will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and executing our partnership strategy with some of the best companies in the world. Alliances will develop and grow a key set of Conga partnerships, driving strategic alignment, creating joint solutions, and accelerating the funnel of new business opportunities. This person will set the strategy, investments, and actions that will drive incremental revenue growth for Conga and the partner network.
The role requires an individual with strong executive leadership, collaborative partnering, and exceptional sales skills who can build and grow a team and evangelize a shared plan for Conga’s go-to-market strategy with partners. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and conceptual technical expertise; an ability to both envision process improvements while driving the existing business; and the drive, influencing skills, and ability to collaborate with many constituencies to grow the business.
You will build and drive joint strategy, business planning, and execution with partners that include defined go-to-market initiatives in support of executive sponsors and the partner(s).
Key focus areas include:
- Develop the overall vision, strategy, and execution plan for Conga partnerships to drive incremental growth.
- Manage the entire life cycle of Alliance partnerships - develop, strategize, identify, engage, create, go-to-market, and governance.
- Develop and manage key executive relationships with strategic partners.
- Build a clear, concise global partner strategy and business plan and establish a centralized and ongoing partner/alliance management process and governance.
- Own the partner experience and drive operational excellence for a positive partner experience and ease of doing business.
- Lead negotiation of technology and business agreements with the partner
- Drive global partner management ensuring reporting and partner-based pipeline management.
- Create a strong culture of effective utilization of partners by developing internal alignment within Conga of reselling and co-selling with partners.
- Evangelize Conga to key stakeholders at all levels of the partner organization and represent the voice of the partner within Conga.
- Be a key source of insight into competitive and partner landscape/strategy/news.
- Understand Conga capabilities/offerings and identify synergies where Conga and its partner(s) can bring additive value to customers and create new differentiated joint offerings.
- You will be a road warrior—flexibility to travel 50% of the time is required.
- Strong experience and leadership to drive against the plan. Define the KPIs for the business performance (revenue, market share, number of active partners etc.). Track business performance identify levers for improving KPIs, and champion necessary initiatives to improve KPIs.
- Develop the partner execution strategy for specific products and solutions. Analyze the sales cycle and channel mix and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process.
- Identify new market opportunities for Conga with partners. Champion strategic initiatives to capture new market opportunities.
- Drive field engagement models to optimize for both market share and revenue generation with high leverage of resources.
- Ability to influence partners and alliances with our thought leadership and drive product sales.
- Strong ability to partner with ecosystem to create win-win opportunities.
- He/she must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand partner problems and find innovative solutions for our growth.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, coach, develop and retain a high performing team of resources.
- Total of 15+ plus years in technology with at least 10 years of experience in Strategic Partners executive leadership.
- Deep knowledge of the global tech landscape, including markets, solutions and go-to-markets.
- Experience building and growing a team of account managers.
- Experience in the Salesforce.com ecosystem highly desired
- Solid reputation as a thought leader and solid communicator of business value.
- Proven track record of leading activities related to establishing and growing a business such as:
- Pragmatically dealing with tough tradeoffs and strategic issues facing a business.
- Leading the business strategy for success at one or more businesses.
- Managing high magnitude change through influencing without authority in multi-functional organizations.
- Leveraging strong team building skills in the past to bring together diverse views and leading teams to accomplish tough challenges with successful outcomes.
Conga is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.