Senior Security Engineer
- ., Springfield, Virginia, us
Conceras, established in 2006 and headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia. Conceras is an SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business that has an excellent past performance record and a reputation as a premier systems engineering firm that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our government customers. Our performance on every program we support underpins our reputation as a responsive, reliable, and committed partner. With a Dun and Bradstreet rating of 98 percent, Conceras continues to strengthen its offerings by providing value through efficiency, integrity and technical acumen.
Conceras offers family friendly programs, competitive salaries, comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs and on-going opportunities for career growth.
Summary: This role supports Security Engineering tasks with an emphasis in designing and implementing perimeter security solutions to meet business, security policy, technical, operational, and management requirements; using a defense-in-depth approach.
- Supporting project managers in identifying and coordinating technical activities.
- Gathering requirements, performing gap analysis, developing and presenting potential solutions, and creating detailed design and implementation plans.
- Integrating security into the design and implementation process to conform to established State Department security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Reviewing evolving security requirements and policies and making recommendations for existing systems to ensure compliance.
- Identifying security architecture and implementation gaps, vulnerabilities, and risks; developing, testing, and implementing solutions to address the gaps, and new or updated requirements.
- Evaluating emerging technology (e.g., social media, mobile computing) and making recommendations.
- Supporting Assessment & Accreditation (A&A) as a security SME, to provide recommendations on meeting required controls
- Clearance: Candidate must be a US Citizen with an Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Bachelors degree in a related field, or equivalent; and 5+ years related experience.
- Experience as a security engineer or systems engineer including systems architecture, requirements analysis, integration, and process execution and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of network operations and security including but not limited to authentication and authorization solutions, next generation firewalls, antivirus, VPN, routers, ports, protocols and services, and application layer security.
- Experience with system development lifecycle, and early incorporation of security throughout the lifecycle.
Technology certifications including, but not limited to:
- Cisco Certified Network Associated (CCNA) Security
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- GIAC Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA)
- Security-focused Cisco specialist (e.g., ASA, Cybersecurity, IOS Security)
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer
- Security certifications including, but not limited to:
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Project management experience (PMP is a plus).
- Experience with cloud security, e.g., Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of secure coding, application security, and ethical hacking.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, SMS/SCCM, and databases.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), and Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs)
Conceras is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.