Senior Network Engineer
- ., Beltsville, MD, us
Conceras offers family friendly programs, competitive salaries, comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs and on-going opportunities for career growth.
- Constructs, tests and implements integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks for the customer.
- Participates in day-to-day orders, Special Projects, and trouble tickets to include Move, Add, and change requests for the data network.
- Good technical understanding of firewall devices (Palo Alto, A10s, Stonegate).
- Must be able to write and execute detailed network implementations; generate bill of materials, and basis of estimates unassisted.
- Provide network performance statistic and reports and recommend technical enhancements to the network.
- Interfaces with others on system infrastructure problems and advices management on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with the resolution or circumvention of hardware, software, and/or circuit problems including the assessment of bandwidth requirements based upon empirical data.
- Provides technical consulting on high level network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies.
- Applies extensive industry and enterprise knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and business needs.
- Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Maintenance Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Extensive client interaction with primary focus of achieving and surpassing client project goals.
- Active Top Secret clearance is required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have very strong understanding and ability to implement Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with firewall devices (Palo Alto, A10s, Stonegate).
- LAN/WAN/MAN design and migration experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, and MPLS).
- CCNA Certification is desired.
- Experience conducting site surveys and organizing the documentation into an Engineering plan.
- Expert skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Static Routes.
- A detailed understanding and be capable of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP and static routes.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills. From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project outline to customer.
- The ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
- The ability to work in a team- oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects.
- Experience in Operations.
- Implementation of networking best practices
Conceras is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.