Software Developer (Java, DevOps, Cloud)
- ., Washington,, D.C., us
Conceras, established in 2006 and headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia. Conceras is an SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business that has an excellent past performance record and a reputation as a premier systems engineering firm that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our government customers. Our performance on every program we support underpins our reputation as a responsive, reliable, and committed partner. With a Dun and Bradstreet rating of 98 percent, Conceras continues to strengthen its offerings by providing value through efficiency, integrity and technical acumen.
Conceras offers family friendly programs, competitive salaries, comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs and on-going opportunities for career growth.
- Collaborate with teams to create and manage various Systems and client technologies that embrace a DevOps culture.
- Analyze, design, develop and test systems to ensure the integration of software, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort that supports applications as they migrate to the Cloud.
- Responsible for the maintenance and growth of a Cucumber-based automated test suite, i.e., Behavior Driven Development and Testing. Requirements include the ability to construct Cucumber automated tests using the Gherkin language, as well as implement step files using Java. In addition, service and enhance the Continuous Integration pipeline, especially as it relates to automated testing.
- Provide support for the development and infrastructure teams in their transition to the cloud, as well as long-term application sustainment in that environment.
- Interface Testing - Use SOAPUI to confirm and troubleshoot interfaces to external systems
- Work with the development team to create and improve a performance test suite. DevOps - Automation, containers, application monitoring, etc.
- Release Configuration Management - Based on release schedules, use CM tools (SVN, Jenkins, Maven) to build and deploy release to the development, test, and production environment.
- Clearance: Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering.
- Five-eight years of relative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) in any prominent commercial or government cloud provider, such as AWS/C2S, MS Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Understanding of modern DevOps techniques and tools to promote Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), such as Docker, Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Jenkins, and ELK.
- Experience working under Agile development methodology using Jira.
- Oracle experience.
- Automated Testing (e.g., Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Serenity.
- Solid understanding of common scripting languages.
- Familiarity with automated testing & performance testing tools.
Conceras is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.