- ., Springfield, Virginia, us
Conceras, established in 2006 and headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia. Conceras is an SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business that has an excellent past performance record and a reputation as a premier systems engineering firm that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our government customers. Our performance on every program we support underpins our reputation as a responsive, reliable, and committed partner. With a Dun and Bradstreet rating of 98 percent, Conceras continues to strengthen its offerings by providing value through efficiency, integrity and technical acumen.
Conceras offers family friendly programs, competitive salaries, comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs and on-going opportunities for career growth.
- Serves as a satellite and network technician.
- Tests and configures VSATs and other crisis/contingency communications equipment.
- Works with customers to gather communications requirements and provide solutions.
- Works with other IRM offices to configure, test and deploy systems.
- Deploys, often with little notice, to Department priority locations throughout the world.
- Troubleshoots systems both in the field and remotely by phone.
- Helps maintain accurate inventory.
- Job will require heavy lifting at times.
- Administrative tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clearance: Candidate must be a US Citizen with an Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or 5 years’ experience in Information Systems and Technology Management.
- Experience with site surveys, satellite acquisition, installation, configuration and troubleshooting tactical VSAT.
- Advanced knowledge of satellite communications to include iDirect satellite modems, ISCP, and ISCP technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of information systems, concepts and methods.
- Exposure to multiple IT disciplines, enterprise IT architecture principles and methods sufficient to determine the capabilities and compatibilities of equipment and systems.
- Excellent communications skills and well versed with Microsoft Office software.
- Candidate will work closely with company, contractor personnel, and Government personnel to conduct operational activities and must work well in a team environment.
- Technically capable, fast learner, quality minded, adaptable, self-motivated, and able to work independent of supervision.
Conceras is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.