- ., Springfield, Virginia, us
Conceras, established in 2006 and headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia. Conceras is an SBA 8(a) Certified Small Business that has an excellent past performance record and a reputation as a premier systems engineering firm that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our government customers. Our performance on every program we support underpins our reputation as a responsive, reliable, and committed partner. With a Dun and Bradstreet rating of 98 percent, Conceras continues to strengthen its offerings by providing value through efficiency, integrity and technical acumen.
Conceras offers family friendly programs, competitive salaries, comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs and on-going opportunities for career growth.
- Serves as a satellite and network technician.
- Tests and configures VSATs and other crisis/contingency communications equipment.
- Works with customers to gather communications requirements and provide solutions.
- Works with other IRM offices to configure, test and deploy systems.
- Deploys, often with little notice, to Department priority locations throughout the world.
- Experience in providing remedy support via telephone and e-mail communications to customers and end-users.
- Performs various administrative duties, such as obtaining equipment cost quotes, drafts user guides and SOPs, develops network diagrams, and conducts assets inventory management.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Setup, configure, test, and troubleshoot BGAN terminals and connectivity.
- Experience with configuring and testing devices such as satellite modems, routers, switches, laptops, PC’s and servers with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), and other operational devices.
- Creates, tracks and completes helpdesk tickets/resolutions.
- Performs diagnostics and troubleshooting of IT and REACH (e.g., VSAT, BGAN, etc.) systems anomalies.
- Assists with set-up, breakdown, and transport of equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Knowledge of Basic Microsoft Operating System (OS) and office suite administration.
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, WINS, Anti-Virus software and network troubleshooting.
- Performs work service requests and processes helpdesk tickets.
- Clearance: Candidate must be a US Citizen with an Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or 5 years’ experience in Information Systems and Technology Management.
- Advanced knowledge of satellite communications to include iDirect satellite modems, ISCP, and ISCP technologies.
- Experience with physical and data link layer SATCOM concepts, wideband military SATCOM satellites and related military or commercial terminals and modems.
- Experience with DoD systems acquisition process and related documents.
- Knowledge of IP SATCOM fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of information systems, concepts and methods.
- Exposure to multiple IT disciplines, enterprise IT architecture principles and methods sufficient to determine the capabilities and compatibilities of equipment and systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of routers, switches, laptops, PC’s and servers.
- Proficient with general office software including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate will work closely with company, contractor personnel, and Government personnel to conduct operational activities and must work well in a team environment.
- Technically capable, fast learner, quality minded, adaptable, self-motivated, and able to work independent of supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and excel in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills.
Conceras is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.