IT SOX Compliance Consultant
- Pinecroft Dr, The Woodlands, TX, United States
Our client is looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help in create, extend, and maintain the core of their software platform as they expand past their current offerings in services related to energy and convenience in order to take their business to the next level.
- Title: IT SOX Compliance Consultant
- Location: The Woodlands, TX
- Duration: Long Term (3 Months Right to Hire)
Note: Looking for local candidates.
- Develop and implement the IT SOX risk, controls and compliance program.
- Lead and execute IT security risk, controls & compliance engagements (assurance and advisory) across security domains.
- Plan engagements, outline scope, and identify in-scope systems and IT security risks and controls.
- Test processes and controls, identify control deficiencies, agree findings, and recommend remediation plans.
- Ensure timely delivery of the highest quality work and value-add recommendations.
- Document work-papers, communicate outcomes, and report engagement results.
- Influence leaders to act on recommendations, make process improvements, and strengthen the control environment.
- Track status of deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are complete and sustainable.
- Provide effective assurance and advisory outcomes to Technology & Security leadership, and key stakeholders.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT security, risk, controls, audit and regulatory compliance.
- 3+ years of work experience in a regulatory compliance function within a utility or related, or highly regulated industry.
- 3+ years of experience working with SOX regulatory requirements.
- Required; effective engagement with Auditors, and Regulators (i.e. NERC, SERC, FERC, NRC).
- Advanced expertise across security domains: e.g. Architecture and Engineering, Application Security, Web and Mobile Security, Infrastructure Security, Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Security Monitoring, Incident Response, and Cloud Security.
- Required; IT, risk and security practices, standards and controls (e.g. COBIT, NIST-CSF, CIS-CSC, C2M2, ITIL).
If interested, please respond with your updated resume to Jay.sankar (at) comtecinfo.com or can reach me directly at 972-666-5061.