- Freeport Pkwy, Irving, TX, United States
Our client is looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help in create, extend, and maintain the core of their software platform as they expand past their current offerings in services related to energy and convenience in order to take their business to the next level.
In this role you will be a key member of the DevOps team responsible for establishing highly available environments driven by automation and DevOps strategy. You will also be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership skills and knowledge of Agile/DevOps to deliver customer value. You will also partner with the engineering organization to drive conversion projects to cloud infrastructure.
- Role: DevOps Engineer
- Location: Irving, TX
- Duration: long term contract for 2+ years
- Start Date: Immediate
Note: Looking for over 10 years of experience only and who are ready to attend an inperson interview (Mandatory)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy - Infrastructure as Code.
- Build DevOps roadmap for the organization and drive teams.
- Enable "DevOps" mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operations team.
- Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate DevOps tool both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and support all AWS activities for various environments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps-driven industry.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, ServiceNow ticket system, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance.
- Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
- DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, OpsWorks (for AWS).
- Must have in depth knowledge of mobile apps compilation, signing, packaging processes and deployments to various App Stores.
- Must have AWS cloud knowledge - EC2, Routing, Sub-netting and VPC's, Cloudwatch, RDS, Inspector, State Manager, IAM, SNS, SES, AWS Backups, vSRX Firewall and NAT.
- Scripting Knowledge such as Python, Perl, Groovy, Java.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a highly-dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little or no supervision.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.