Managed Services Technician
- 306 W Michigan St, Duluth, MN, United States
Be a part of something big
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work, and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out.
If this sounds like you and a team you want to be a part of, we want to work with you. Drop us a line or shoot us a resume!
Find Your Niche
As a Managed Services Technician you will perform a variety of duties related to assisting Compudyne clients with daily problems/issues/questions. Responsibilities include: end user support, assisting in deploying, monitoring, maintaining and documenting managed products and services lifecycles. You will provide daily technical guidance in a service team, working with clients to provide solutions and work with management to develop and improve communications and work processes for the team and other departments. Having the ability to make technical decisions in high-stress situations is a must. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relations with co-workers and clients.
Develop Your Skills
Support and maintain Compudyne’s and their client’s existing technology environment.
- Assist to deploy, monitor, audit, document, and maintain the lifecycles of technology products and services
- Virtualization technologies; Understand Microsoft and VMware technologies and their configurations
- Support various products, technologies, and their associated components via telephone or onsite; including, but not limited to:
- Exchange environments
- Networking equipment
- Windows server environments
- Desktop technologies
- Firewall technologies
- Troubleshoot implementation and service issues
- Understand network technologies, such as, TCP/IP, firewalls, SSL VPN appliances, IPSEC tunneling.
- Ensure tasks/deliverables are completed and clients technical needs are being met
- Demonstrate professional attitude with client over the phone, on-site and through emails to resolve all client project requests/questions
- Be responsible for personal and professional development with continued growth, training, certifications, and processes.
- Continued training, education, and certification accreditation from vendor partners (Microsoft, HP, Cisco, VMware)
- Actively engage in developing and enhancing skill set, industry knowledge, and professional certifications
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a positive, courteous and professional manner
- Experience: 3+ years working in the Information Technology; one major certification highly desired
- Strong background in Information Technology. A solid understanding of the products supported and having practical experience and knowledge working with integrated networked environments.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and provide own method of transportation to customer sites.
- Position requires high level of verbal and written communication skills.
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines extremely competitive wages with an excellent bonus package that includes Medical, Dental, Group Life and Disability Insurance, 401K and PTO. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work. Just ask!
Join our team
We like to work with people who can communicate clearly and learn quickly. Every day is a new challenge, and we're constantly seeking ways to help our team get better at what we do. If that's you, we want you on our team. We encourage you to visit our website at www.compudyne.com and learn more about our company. We look forward to hearing from you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines