Human Resources Director
- 235 6th St E Suite 300, Saint Paul, MN, United States
Be a part of something big
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work, and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out.
If this sounds like you and a team you want to be a part of, we want to work with you. Drop us a line or shoot us a resume!
Find your niche
As our Human Resource Director, you will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with the VP of Finance. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, onboarding, benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and compliance.
Develop Your Skills
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; including assistance in the preparation and maintenance of the employee handbook as well as the policies and procedures manual.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems, with an ability to approach HR strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Administer the compensation program; monitor the performance evaluation program and recommend revisions as necessary.
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, reviewing invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Develop and maintain compliance program; including required filings; maintaining other records, reports and logs to conform to regulations as needed.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations.
- Handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars. Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Work in a strategic partnership with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database. Includes managing payroll process.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or business preferred. SHRM membership preferred
- 5+ years related experience required in areas of benefits administration, payroll, and human resource management preferred. Computer and payroll systems proficiency. Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, employee benefits programs including, but not limited to, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, workers’ compensation, ACA, and 401K.
- High level of benefits, human resource compliance, and payroll knowledge. Excellent communication skills. Ability to protect and contain very confidential, highly sensitive personal information. Strong analytical skills.
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines extremely competitive wages with an excellent bonus package that includes Medical, Dental, Group Life and Disability Insurance, 401K and PTO. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work. Just ask!
Join our team
We like to work with people who can communicate clearly and learn quickly. Every day is a new challenge, and we're constantly seeking ways to help our team get better at what we do. If that's you, we want you on our team. We encourage you to visit our website at www.compudyne.com and learn more about our company. We look forward to hearing from you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines