Systems Administrator - Information Systems
- 235 E 6th Street, Suite 300, St. Paul, Mn, United States
Be a part of something big
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work, and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out.
If this sounds like you and a team you want to be a part of, we want to work with you. Drop us a line or shoot us a resume!
Find your niche
Performs a variety of duties related to optimizing and maintaining internal business systems and applications. Responsible for adjusting, monitoring, troubleshooting and overall efficient operation of internal business systems. Analyze user requirements, systems gaps, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and workflows and develop efficient solutions. Design solutions with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
All maintenance, troubleshooting and implementations will be conducted in accordance with standards set forth by Compudyne and other information technology standards. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relations with co-workers and clients.
Develop your skills
Support and maintain Compudyne’s existing business information systems. This would include knowledge in some the following areas:
- Responsible for business information systems, integrations and reporting, and resolves issues/requests/problems daily
- Daily monitoring and updates to ensure that technologies are functioning and efficient
- Perform problem resolution and troubleshooting for all business systems, reports and integrations within area of responsibility
- Works with technical team to ensure optimum technical solutions are being implemented
- Works with other departments and management to ensure that end-user needs are met
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of business information systems or programs based on user or system design specifications
- Application of information systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software or system specifications
- Consults and works closely with co-workers to ensure development, optimization and implementation of strong application solutions for internal use
- Researches emerging technologies and recommends use
- Collaborates with co-workers to resolve any problems/situations that may arise
- Assist in the development of cost benefit analysis for different solutions
- Performs project management duties and all facets of the system development lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure successful project implementations
- Documents all work completely and accurately, including solution recommendations and resulting process and procedure documentation
- Communicates to internal and external clients with the highest level of customer service, proactive status, and in a timely and accurate manner
- May recommend changes that are needed to method, process, hardware/software, applications, reporting, technologies and integrations to provide a better working environment for end-user
- Keeps current with emerging technologies and how they fit in the Compudyne and its clients
- Identifies trends in the industry and assists in evaluating the impact of those trends on the organization
Job Qualifications: Strong background in business information systems and applications. High level of communication and project skills
Education: Degree in information systems or business or equivalent education/experience preferred
Experience Requirements: 5+ years working in information systems, preferably ConnectWise, Quotewerks and MAS/Sage or equivalent service ticketing, quoting, inventory and financial systems.
Compudyne is only accepting local applicants at this time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.