Project Manager - St. Paul, MN
- 235 E 6th St, Suite 300, St. Paul, MN, United States
Be a part of something big -
Compudyne is celebrating 30 years of supporting businesses, large and small, with IT resources that drive success. We’re the region’s leading provider of remote and on-site IT services, network consulting, hardware/software installation and high-speed business internet services.
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, drop us a line or a resume
Overview of Role
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for defining, planning and managing project to ensure goals are accomplished within time, scope and budget. Project managers will be well versed in Information Technology and Compudyne specific standards. This position requires a high level of customer service skills both within the organization and with clients. Exceptional verbal and written skills are critical to this role. A knowledge of PMMI methodologies preferred.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties
- Define project time, scope and budget to create a clear and concise plan; effectively execute and monitor the project and its progress
- Evaluate and select appropriate resources based on project needs and team capabilities
- Control time management of each project by defining activities, estimating duration of activities and developing and maintaining a realistic schedule
- Stay proactive by reviewing and assessing budget and scope parameters
- Minimize uncertainty and unwanted surprises by communicating effectively with the client throughout entire duration of each project
- Identify and evaluate potential risks; know how to avoid those risks while staying agile and making adjustments as risks arise
- Create a clear vision for desired result. Make corrective measures to meet expectations
- Manage reports and comprehensive documentation at all stages of a project
- Act as the subject matter expert in project management and support liaison for all stakeholders
- Job Qualifications: Background in Information Technology with a high level of project management, customer service and communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Development: PMP, CAPM, or ITIL certification preferred
- Experience Requirements: 3+ years working in a project management role, preferably in Information Technology
- Other: Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have reliable mode of transportation to customer sites.
The total package
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines competitive wages and commission structure with an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Dependent Care FSA, Parental Leave and more. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work and dedication.
We want to work with people who radiate our vision and our core values. We want to work with people who like challenging work and inspiring goals. We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out. To learn more about our company, visit www.compudyne.com.
If this sounds like who you are, we want to work with you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.