Sr. DevOps Engineer
- 235 East 6th Street, Suite 300, St. Paul, MN, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Be a part of something big
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work, and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out.
If this sounds like you and a team you want to be a part of, we want to work with you. Drop us a line or shoot us a resume!
Find your niche
As a Senior Development Operations Engineer (DevOps), you are responsible for designing, developing and building IT solutions for Compudyne. You will combine your proficiency in systems administration, software development and automation to improve key systems that are utilized throughout the business. A key responsibility will include deploying code to production in a repeatable way that increases efficiency. You will have an affinity for automation, well commented code/documentation, and follow established best practices.
Develop your skills
- Develop front-end and back-end solutions, specifically in Java and JS
- Use version control tools and multi-tier application design
- Follow best practices, such as DRY code, design first mentality, and highly commented code
- Work proficiently in networking, database management, internal systems and Windows servers administration
- Support and maintain Compudyne’s internal systems and infrastructure
- Design databases utilizing both SQL and NoSQL
- Understand servers and server administration
- Develop software that ensures integration and supports business needs
- Understand and utilize scripting languages and frameworks for automation
- Execute and manage continuous integration and deployment for systems
Going in you should have 5 year’s experience working in both software development and systems administration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to work in Systems Administration
- PowerShell, SQL and Rest API experience
- Experience in the ConnectWise suite of applications
- A strong reputation in Stack Overflow
Utilization of the following technologies and systems are preferred:
- Back-end languages: Java, Node.js
- Automation: Powershell
- Database: SQL, NoSQL (especially MySQL, MSSQL, and Elasticsearch)
- Version control: Git, BitBucket, SourceTree, Jira
- Networking: reverse proxy, load balancing, firewalls rules & NAT
- Central authentication platforms: SAML, Active Directory, LDAP, MFA
- Remote procedure calls: REST APIs
- Systems Administration: Windows servers, Linux Servers
Compudyne is currently only accepting local candidates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.