Accountant - Accounts Payable
- 306 W Michigan St, Duluth, MN 55802, USA
Be a part of something big
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work, and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out.
If this sounds like you and a team you want to be a part of, we want to work with you. Drop us a line or shoot us a resume!
Find your niche
As a Compudyne’s Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable, you will be responsible for proper entry and general ledger coding of accounts payable invoices and account reconciliations. Your responsibilities will include entering of accounts payable invoices, seeking electronic approval from various managers and the issuing of check, ACH, or credit card payments. A core responsibility of this role is maintaining the general ledger and performing month and year-end close procedures. A successful Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating and improving financial processes.
Develop your skills
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Assist with monthly sales and use tax returns for multiple states.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Work actively to create a “best of breed” team through financial efficiencies and improvement
Going in you should have a 2-4+ years’ experience working in Accounts Payable. An ideal candidate will have an Associate’s / Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
You should have advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables. You must have a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, financial statements, GAAP and hands-on experience with accounting software systems like Sage Intacct. Lastly, a strong aptitude for quantitative skills and attention to detail is critical in this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.