- 1524 E 37th St, Hibbing, MN 55746, USA
Be a part of something big -
Compudyne is celebrating 30 years of supporting businesses, large and small, with IT resources that drive success. We’re the region’s leading provider of remote and on-site IT services, network consulting, hardware/software installation and high-speed business internet services.
We couldn’t do it without our people – and we’ll never forget it.
Compudyne looks for the best and brightest. We love challenging work, self-motivated employees and aggressive goals. We explore cutting-edge, secure and innovative solutions. Most importantly, our talent is strong, and our coffee is, too.
We aren’t your average IT Company. Our culture embodies our core values, hard work and a tight-knit community. Our work environment is better than most, and our products and services are even better. We’re proud of that!
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, drop us a line or a resume.
Find your niche -
Overview of Role
Compudyne’s Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Accountant’s responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has experience collaborating and improving financial processes.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Analyze financial information, summarize financial status and produce accurate reports
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on accounting best practices
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedure
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Work actively to create a “best of breed” team through financial efficiencies and improvement
- Ability to learn new material and systems/information technology as it relates to finance
- Embrace change as the business experiences growth
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Working experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience in preparation of financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Preferred, but not required, experience with accounting software systems
- Strong MS Excel skills for analysis utilizing financials, formulas and database functions
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work preformed
- Preferred knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding finances and taxation
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Financial or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working in Accounting
The total package -
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines competitive wages with an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Dependent Care FSA, Parental Leave and more. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work and dedication.
Bottom line –
We want to work with people who radiate our vision and our core values. We want to work with people who like challenging work and inspiring goals. We want to work with people who believe “we all do better when we all do better” and are willing to do just that, day in and day out. To learn more about our company, visit www.compudyne.com.
If this sounds like who you are, we want to work with you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.