Level 3 Technical Support Specialist
CompuConnect is a fast-growing Managed Service Providers (MSP) located in New York City, that specializes in technology solutions for small and mid-size businesses. As an MSP we become an extension of our clients and take ownership of the technology burden allowing them to focus on what they do best.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a knack for problem-solving who accomplishes tasks without the need for micro-management to join our team. This position requires interaction with clients and candidates must be passionate about providing exceptional customer service and be an active listener that can communicate technical information to non-technical individuals in writing and verbally, without talking down to the person. The candidate’s ability to write concise, informative service tickets, record all work performed, and communicate with others is critical for success in this position. You will have access to a wide variety of industry-leading technology and enterprise tools to help you complete your job duties.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Network Infrastructure (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless, VLAN, VPN, DNS)
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting virtualized (VMware and Hyper-V) and physical environments
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting VOIP
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting Workstations (Windows 7 and newer) and Servers (2008 and Newer)
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting a variety of hardware and software applications
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with scripting languages and technologies (VBScript, PowerShell, etc…)
- Ability to think creatively and identify ways to improve efficacy, reduce complexity and increase security
- Ability to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely matter
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, prioritize tasks, and achieve due dates
- Ability to make effective decisions and handle numerous tasks under pressure
- Highly Organized, Motivated, Upbeat, Positive, and Pleasant Demeanor
- Installing, Maintaining, Troubleshooting, and Upgrading Equipment, Computer Hardware, Software, and Peripherals and other IT Systems.
- Perform system maintenance and upgrades after normal business hours when necessary and be on call (occasionally)
- Stay up to date on current technology, trends, best practices, and tools
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced resources
- Held accountable for daily performance metrics and KPI’s
- Be on call on weekends
- Must be a US Citizen and pass drug and background check
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at this level
- Managed Services Provider Experience
- Networking Experience
- Strong Performance analysis and troubleshooting skills
- At least one technical certification from the following companies is required: (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA)
- Multiple relevant certifications are strongly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is strongly desired
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Training and Growth Opportunity
To apply for this job, you must email jobs at compuconnect.it with your resume.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video along with your resume (in fact, everyone who works here did this). In your video tell us why you think you are perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.