- 27755 Diehl Rd, Warrenville, IL 60555, USA
We are a Residential Mortgage lender in the greater Chicago area where mortgages are our only business. At Compass, our strongest desire and greatest passion is to help our clients make wise and informed choices with regards to mortgage financing. Our main goal is not only to satisfy customers, but to create raving fans. The Net Promoter Score (NPS) is an index that measures the willingness of customers to refer a company's services to others, and our NPS is 80 out of 100. Compass is Home to a Better Mortgage Experience, but we are also committed to an excellent employee experience. Core values are what define our company culture. We believe that Infinite Worth, Integrity, and Excellence should drive every decision we make, and we hope to attract team members that share in our commitment to those values.
The Closer is responsible for making sure TRID timing requirements are met ahead of the closing and ensuring the proper documents are prepared and sent to the closing to be signed by the borrower. Closers are expected to communicate effectively with Loan Officers and their borrowers to ensure a smooth closing process, as well as to help borrowers understand what is expected of them to be able to close their loan.
• Send out the preliminary Closing Disclosure three or more days prior to expected closing date
• Communicate with the borrowers ahead of the closing to ensure their closing questions are answered and that they are aware of the closing funds required as well as acceptable payment methods
• Prepare the closing package to be sent to the Title/Settlement agent for the borrower’s signature
• Prepare the final Closing Disclosure and work with Title to balance the CD
• Stay up to date on what documents are required for each loan product
• Use our loan origination system to make sure the correct documents are sent to the Title company ahead of the closing
• Review each file ahead of preparing the closing documents to make sure any outstanding conditions will be met by or at the closing
• Prepare funding requirements that will be used by the Title company during the closing
• Occasionally will be expected to set up wires and fund/disburse files
• Adaptable problem-solver
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Persistent and deadline-driven
• Motivated by a fast-paced work environment
• Effective communicator, comfortable on the phone
• Able to manage multiple projects at one time
• Computer proficiency
• Sufficient knowledge of the loan closing and Title process
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.