Part-Time Food Service Manager - Long Term Care - CSNM Required
- Collingwood, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the country’s leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors’ residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
We believe that every Resident deserves warm and caring hospitality, healthy delicious meals, and a clean safe place to live. When you work with us you are part of something bigger, something that touches a Senior’s life, puts a smile on their face, and gives them comfort. Our employees go home every day knowing they truly make a difference.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Food Service Managers, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Prepare and supervise the preparation and service of meals and nourishment's following specified menus and standardized recipes.
- Assist the Administrator to ensure that the facility-wide Multidisciplinary Quality Assurance Program is implemented and ongoing.
- Promote a positive team spirit within the department and the facility.
- Control of the operational budget for the Dietary department including adherence to food service related enhancement contracts.
- Follow infection control procedures.
- Select, orientate, supervise, delegate tasks and evaluate the performance of the Dietary staff (Prepares performance reviews).
- Ensure compliance with all Long Term Care regulations and established Compass Group policies.
- Counsel residents or family members in the absence of a dietitian as necessary on therapeutic diets.
- Assist in Union matters related to grievance procedures, labour management relations and contract negotiations.
- Consult with Dietitian as necessary.
- Conduct daily inspection of the department to identify/resolve any potential hazards.
- Ensure dietary employees perform pre-start up inspections on all equipment designated as "critical" by the Manager.
- Ensure all Dietary employees are informed of hazards in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental absenteeism and sick day management.
- Responsible for purchasing, receiving, storing and controlling all departmental supplies, which may include inventory controls.
- Continued monitoring and ongoing documentation of low and moderate risk resident’s nutritional status at a minimum of quarterly.
- Make appropriate referrals to the facility dietitian as necessary.
- Participate in resident’s care conferences as necessary.
- Visit with new resident/family within 72 hours of admission.
- Ensure maintenance of operational records (i.e. menus, production sheets, food temperatures and refrigerator and freezer temperatures) as required. Oversees catering services for all scheduled facility functions.
- Ensure dietary staff compliance with facility policies and procedures, including safety and sanitation rules and safe working practices.
- Attend Resident's Dining Committee meetings as required.
- Ensure residents input with menu development and works with facility management/Resident on these needs.
- Work co-operatively with the Health Care team in preparation for accreditation.
- Strive to participate actively in any department, facility and community committees as requested.
- Head Dietary Continuous Quality Improvement process within the facility.
- Arrange staff coverage and scheduling changes following established procedures.
- Attend all pertinent facility in-services, community educational sessions and other necessary training sessions as provided including computer updates and applications.
- Work with and responds to Ministry of Health personnel, Public Health personnel and any other government body.
- Ongoing communication with residents, family members, and staff regarding department activities.
- Knowledgeable of and endeavors to promote the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Organize dietary in-services.
- Perform other duties as are necessary and appropriate.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Services Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- At least three years of food service management experience in long term care.
- Be a member in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a member of the College of Dietitians of Canada.
- Great knowledge of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Ontario Regulation 79/10 made under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2013, and the OH&S Act.
- Experience using PointClickCare (PCC) system.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to supervise and secure the co-operation of the dietary employees.
- Experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized Long Term Care setting or Retirement Residence.
- Proven knowledge of nutritional needs of the elderly.
- A creative flair for menu planning, preparation and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Great computer skills and are proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Able to work and communicate effectively with geriatric residents.
- An effective team player who works well with others.
- A positive can-do attitude.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!