Assistant Food Services Manager
- Calgary, AB, Canada
Position: Assistant Food Services Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 (based on experience), 3 weeks vacation, excellent healthcare benefits, RRSP matching plan.
Working schedule: Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm approximately)
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support services company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Performs a variety of duties in the management, presentation and administration tasks. Performs other related duties such as ordering, receiving, storage, taking inventory, cleaning, account reporting, training, directing and communicating with clients. Also responsible for the preparation, cooking and presenting of special functions as required.
- Promoting a passion for service and salesmanship
- Day to day shift management. The goal is for the service manager to be familiar with all day parts. Primary responsibilities include being a guest first role model, being on the floor at peak times, ensuring appropriate service levels at all times including should periods, assisting where necessary, working with staff to improve their skills and ensuring marketing and sales opportunities are maximized.
- Recruitment, training and development, scheduling and performance management of service staff
- “4 walls marketing” to support all company and local store initiatives
- Developing and participating in a positive working environment and maintaining open communication between management and staff, between front of the house and back of the house staff.
- Ensuring all standards and policies are followed, including those related to safety, food preparation or finishing, timing and cleanliness.
- Achieving financial targets related to the front of house, including cheque average, labour cost and productivity goals.
- Staying current with operations review and guest service
- Minimum 3 years related management experience in an equivalent, branded retail foodservice setting (Quick Service Restaurant)
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs on a weekly basis
- Experience with food service catering
- Strong managerial / supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and POS System an asset
- Advanced Food Service Training (AFST) is a must or will complete AFST within 90 days of hire
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.