Barista & General Help - BC Children's Hospital (Part-Time)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Morrison Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, focuses on knowing what's important to running a hospital culinary program, which allows our hospital partners to focus on their core competency: patient care. The sole focus of Morrison is feeding patients, visitors and healthcare employees.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and rewards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Morrison Healthcare is currently looking for Baristas/General Help Staff for BC Children's Hospital.
Job Status: Part-Time Permanent
Shifts: It varies (3 shifts per week)
Hours per week: 14 to 25 hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepare coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso, cafe latte, and cappuccino.
- Sell coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Baristas/General Help? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous work experience as a Barista is an asset.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!