Light Duty Housekeeping Aide- Full Time- Burloak Long Term Care
- Burlington, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
We are looking for Full time light duty Housekeeping Aide for Burloak Long Term Care Centre in Burlington.
Wage: $15.21 per hour
Hours: 26 -34 hours per week
Shifts: 7am to 3pm or 7:30am to 3:30pm (must be able to work alternate weekends)
Location: 5959 New St Burlington, ON
The Housekeeping Associate will be responsible for key cleaning duties throughout the long term care home such as disinfecting, damp dusting, dry and wet mopping, floor maintenance and finishing, cleaning of washrooms, walls, vents, patient rooms including beds, furniture and soiled linen, regular and biomedical waste collection. This position requires a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding and patient centric customer service oriented environment.
The Housekeeping Associate will be responsible for all or some the following duties within the home:
- Cleaning and maintaining all common areas such as floors, stairs, carpets by performing tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, dry/wet mopping, auto scrubbing
- Cleaning, washing and maintaining all patient all patient contact items
- Collecting waste and emptying garbage containers
- Keeping current on training and education (WHMIS, Infection Control, housekeeping practices).
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask\
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to prioritize work and takes instructions well
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check, TB test and have Hepatitis A/B vaccinations.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!