Events and Catering Supervisor - 40k
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Under the direction of the Food Services Director, the Events & Catering Supervisor is accountable for the day to day operations of the events in the venue including preparation, ordering, cost controls, training, budgeting and active floor management during events. As leader of the Operations team, this individual will arrange for, delegate to and lead a highly functional, cost effective team to deliver the high standards set by the Client in an integrated service role. The Events and Catering Supervisor is a high energy, flexible and well organized individual.
- Daily schedule of Service Staff to facilitate quality service, meeting the Client’s standards, for all functions
- Conduct service briefings with Service Staff prior to each function
- Responsible for the overall appearance of Service staff, uniforms & name tags while on duty
- Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures as to agreed by the Client
- Meet and greet event Hosts; act as a single point of contact with the event Host and providing a visual presence during the function
- Understands the impact Event & Catering operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction while providing excellent customer service
- Attends and participates in debrief meetings with a focus on continuous improvement
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching Service Staff
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service at all times
- Continuously strives to improve service performance
- Responsible for scheduling of Service Staff (internal and agency); including preparation of weekly duty chart to correspond with functions while prioritizing resource management
- Knowledgeable in all service and set-up styles in order to effectively guide the Service staff in proper set-up of tables and place settings
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings to ensure knowledge of details for all upcoming functions
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings, cutting-edge cuisine, and overall event presentation
- Responsible for ensuring the function space visually appealing and all details of function are as per the Host’s requests
- Responsible for ensuring overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, Event rooms and storage areas
- Responsible for ensuring the proper usage and good working order of all equipment (in house and rental) for the Event and Catering operation
- Manage proper procurement, service, storage, and inventory for all alcoholic beverages under AGCO guidelines
- Ensures compliance with the Liquor Laws of Ontario at all times
- Assist with departmental inventory and consumption spreadsheets as required
- Assist with ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for all events including rental items
- Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance meetings & group experience
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
- Post secondary education plus minimum 3 to 5 years related experience in high-end catering and food service environment
- Strong supervisory skills; capable to motivate, lead and develop Service staff
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule including extended shifts (evening and weekend work is required)
- Able to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of various room set ups and décor
- In-depth knowledge of Food & Beverage preparation, presentation and service styles
- Basic knowledge of wines and service standards
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a large and variable workload, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong business acumen
- Team player
- Knowledge of Caterease catering software program
- Experience working with a food service provider providing food service to educational institutions
- Working knowledge of basic Audio Visual equipment
- Experience with unionized employees
Successful candidates will be responsible for providing reference and vulnerable sector check.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!