Kitchen Manager (working)
- Prince George, BC, Canada
Salary: $45,000, 3 weeks vacation, excellent healthcare benefits, RRSP matching plan
Location: CN Centre (Prince George, BC)
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support services company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Kitchen Manager’s, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
Performs a variety of duties in the management, presentation and administration tasks. Performs other related duties such as ordering, receiving, storage, taking inventory, cleaning, account reporting, training, directing and communicating with clients. Also responsible for the preparation, cooking and presenting of special functions as required.
- Reporting directly to the Food & Beverage / Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day food operations at the facility
- You will handle all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for training of associates, scheduling and supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health & Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensuring Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
- Ordering of all products in accordance with Compass Group’s purchasing specifications.
- Maintaining inventory control and reporting as per Compass Group fiscal schedule.
- Ensuring all temperature records are accurately filled in on a daily basis
- Preparing menus for daily service as well as special functions.
- Hands on food preparation for daily service as well as special functions.
- Maintaining appropriate budgetary and cost controls.
- Implementing and control a good rotation policy for all food
- Implementing and manage the Quality Assurance program as outlined by the company and the client, including weekly and monthly audits.
- Providing regular operations reports to the Food & Beverage / Operations Manager
- Any other requirements as requested by the Food & Beverage / Operations Manager
Think you have what it takes to be our Kitchen Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Minimum of 2 years related management/supervision experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Proven management skills
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Must be very flexible (Available to work evening and weekends). Position is events driven.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel and Outlook)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!