Quality Assurance/Training Support (Environmental / Housekeeping Services)
- Victoria, BC, Canada
Salary: $50,000, 3 weeks vacation, excellent healthcare benefits, RRSP matching plan
Location: Victoria, BC (position will requiring to travel as far up to Nanaimo as required for site visits - a couple of time a month, day trips)
Position: Quality Assurance/Training Support (Environmental / Housekeeping Services)
Reports to: Senior Regional Director of Operations, Compass One Healthcare
Overview: This position shall administer the regional Quality Assurance Program and ensure compliance to all criteria of the Crothall Housekeeping and Linen Services Quality Monitoring System through auditing and training of associates, supervisors and managers. Responsible for training employees and updating cleaning procedures for existing staff. This will ensure the highest possible standards of cleaning for the sites. Maintaining the QA Audit Program standards at all time, through engaging onsite operations teams to meet or exceed established standards.
- Maintains positive relationship with client through required contact to discuss; areas of concern, and report on deficiencies.
- Audit execution of environmental/linen services and infection control program – support building of training programs and other corrective actions. Perform scored audits and re-audits of units (as per assigned frequency) as corporate verification of the QA program and to encourage continuous improvement. Also conducts informational assessments as necessary.
- Monitors and reports on audit results for the region, including third party audit results. Provides feedback to SRDO regarding audits with respect to trends and corrective actions
- Works proactively in the region to identify trends and to then work in conjunction with site operations team to drive the necessary improvements
- Develops training and education materials and tools
- Monitors and reports on corporate compliance with legal and contractual requirements, able to interpret legislation for the operations team
- Assure contract KPI compliance and ensure staff awareness of these obligations for the contract – support development plans to manage to exact specifications of scope of work and service levels
- Understand region in depth and provide support to site managers on managing workforce as well as suggest initiatives for improvements to productivity or service levels
- Maintains product and service quality standards by analyzing and trending customer feedback and correlating to service quality scores – recommends correct action
- Supports managers on updating work procedures, work schedules and expending workflow – based on trending data on quality levels
- Inspects the worksites on a regular and ongoing basis to ensure the delivery of services is consistent with the work specifications and required standards.
- Regularly reviews assignments with managers to ensure tasks are performed properly and quality of work is maintained at expected levels.
- Conducts follow up inspections to ensure correction of deficiencies is satisfactory completed
- Responsible for training new management members on QA and its process.
- Maintains consistent and positive communications with the region’s operations team; participates in regularly scheduled and adhoc communications activities.
- Performs other assigned duties as needed or directed by the SRDO.
- Sets an example for associates to follow by incorporating safe work practices in all aspects of their activities and abiding by the Clients & Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Complies and enforces the H&S regulations, the OHSA and company policies/procedures in a consistent manner.
- Ensure/provides training for the implementation and ongoing use of Westech Audit tools at their location.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: training employees; planning work; appraising performance; rewarding and correcting employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establish regular meetings with management team and provide cleaning audit updates as needed.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum experience 2 years in a training role relevant to Environmental Service (housekeeping) Quality Assurance– able to understand QA principles and practices
- Valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
- Strong desire and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision, including excellent follow – through skills
- Experience in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement; process drive and ability to move forward with improvements
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, and the ability to provide guidelines and execution of cleaning standards.
- Strong written, presentations and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows application, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Management of Environmental Services in a large facility with proven ability to meet or exceed client expectations and QA standards
- Excellent facilitation skills (Training), Background in Adult Education
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!