Food Services Manager - Events
- Regina, SK, Canada
At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our General Manager, Food Services Operations we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Drive the financial success of the unit's operation.
- Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Recruit, hire, schedule and perform general administrative duties.
- Ensure excellent client relationships and client satisfaction with the service and menu options.
- Achieve compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Initiate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and effectively manage all.
Think you have what it takes to be our General Manager, Food Services Operations? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- At least two years of related food service management experience with at least one year of catering experience.
- The ability to control food and labour costs.
- Creatively apply trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader with management skills.
- A detail-oriented individual and a strong team player.
- Outstanding client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Culinary skills would be an asset.