- Ottawa, ON, Canada
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety
- CORE EXPECTATIONS
- Able to consistently demonstrate extraordinary guest service based on the 7 essentials of Exceptional Customer Service.
- Must strive to go above and beyond, following the You First program guidelines.
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic, and courteous service at all times; respond to customer inquiries regarding service; communicate to guests to have them understand the proper use of the Dining Room.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in order to assure compliance with company service standards, and company inventory and property control procedures.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned tasks within production and service time frames established for the job.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times, by presenting themselves on-time, well-groomed and in full-approved uniform.
- Able to utilize all resources of food according to Q&A.
- Ensures the safe operation of kitchen equipment and the environment by checking for and reporting hygiene and safety hazards to Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Follows instructions in departmental recipe books. (WEBTRITION)
- Maintains all departmental standards and procedures.
- Follows instructions of Chef de Partie for the quantity of food to prepare and cook for service.
- Maintains the area in a clean and safe manner.
- Stocks and prepares for station requirements on a daily basis.
- Ensures that the production racks are in place and ready for service.
- Able to utilize all resources of food to control waste and minimizing over-production.
- Proper rotation of food in the refrigerator, freezer and storage area.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all menus, recipes and standards for the station and Chartwells Food Services.
- Identifies and stores meats, poultry, seafood, pasta, starches, dairy products.
- Selects, identifies and applies spices, herbs and condiments.
- Prepares all mandatory mise en place for service according to forecasted numbers.
- Produces and presents hot and cold food in a safe, hygienic manner.
- Produces food with correct taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Ensures foods are produced and served at the correct time.
- Ensures correct portioning of products.
- Ensures products are labeled and dated correctly.
- Monitors condition of food in storage to prevent spoilage and contamination of food.
- Ensures that all food is placed in clean containers daily.
- Maintains consistency of all presentations and garnishes.
- Completes assigned tasks as quickly as is safely practical.
- Ensures that the Clear Waste Bin program is being implemented for services.
- Ensure the proper service standards for all of the services available.
- Ensure that the cleaning schedule duties are done every day, week and month accordingly.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management, not limited to the duties listed above.
1-3 years expereinece in a similar role
Must have open availability
Must be bilingual (French & English)
Schedule based on client contracts (25-40hrs/week)