Senior Director, Food Services (Multi-unit)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Senior Account Manager, Food Services is responsible for implementation and completion of special projects, delivery of sales, net revenue, and client objectives for the business. The successful candidate will align to and integrate category and brand strategies with customer strategies in an effort to deliver against these objectives for Compass Canada and the client.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of business trends, economic conditions, customer development, competitive analysis, historical category learning’s etc. in identifying improvements and innovative solutions to trade based activities (i.e. trade promotions, merchandising, space management, etc.).
Now, if you were to come on board as a Senior Director, Food Services, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- To champion the delivery of planned volume and profit objectives in a manner that is consistent with the strategic direction of the business.
- Develop and execute internal Customer Action Plans and external Joint Business Plans consistent with the needs of the business.
- o help build a customer team that strives to achieve performance excellence in all facets of business activity and fosters an environment based on the notion of collaborating among key business stakeholders.
- To efficiently manage information flows between key business contacts while continually striving to improve the effectiveness of operating systems and to facilitate great execution
- To bring to life key business strategies that will enhance the position of our brands to consumers by leveraging a superior understanding of customers.
- Establish strong relationships with prospects and customers' decision makers
- Sustain business development efforts with customers' accounts assigned under his/her responsibility;
- Engage in regular entertainment and promotional activities with prospective customers within corporate regulations;
- Actively and consistently promote all products and services of the Company
- To undertake special assignments as directed by the client. Develop an intimate understanding of customer strategies, business plans, practices and processes in order to optimize business results.
Think you have what it takes to be our Senior Director, Food Services? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you will be successful:
- Required to have a thorough understanding of the marketplace environment affecting the customer. Key skill sets to be successful would include – Strategic Insight, Business Planning, Conflict Management, “Evenness Under Fire”, Savvy Communicator, and Influence Management
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Hospitality business, logistics, business planning, large-scale new business openings.
- Strong selling, financial, and negotiating skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, an assertive, proactive and analytical approach with a sales background.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Broad based experience in varied disciplines and post-secondary degree/diploma in Hospitality and/or Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management
- New Business openings
- Scope of experience in the range of 8 - 10 years with a cross-section of industry/portfolio experience.
- This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who thrives in exceeding targeted goals while building new relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding goals and strong fiscal management
- Proven track record in prospecting new customers an building strong relationships
- Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and principals of CMS (Customer Management System) is required;
- Experience working with an Event Management Software tool is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Strong and proven cost control skills
- Strong persuasive abilities
- Enthusiastic and result driven
- Excellent leadership, coaching and supervisory abilities.
- Stay current with the latest innovative trends in food services.
- Ability to travel between sites on demand including 10 to 15% overnight travel.