Custodial Manager -55K - afternoons
- Belleville, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Location: Loyalist College
Work Schedule: 4 pm to 12 am, Full Time Permanent
Why work with Eurest Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading Food Service and Support Services Company. We provide a broad range of food and facility support services in either a single, bundled or integrated service delivery platform. Our areas of expertise include: facilities management, building operation and maintenance, business and office services, customer service centre, janitorial services, logistics and transportation, security services, project management, and outdoor services
Is responsible for the day-to-day operations of custodial and related services at large educational facility under the general direction of the Operations Manager.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Custodial Managers we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Cost control, planning, organizing and directing all custodial activities required by the contract
- Managing and training employees
Implement quality assurance and safety programs
Maintain effective relations with clients.
Schedule and assign work to custodians.
Prepare annual supply, equipment and subcontract requirements.
Purchase supplies and equipment as approved by Operations Manager.
Review and approve purchase invoices, submit appropriate work orders/invoices for billing.
Conduct preventive and restorative maintenance on all equipment items in the inventory,
control maintenance costs
Manage Quality Control and Assurance programs
Maintain a safe working environment in compliance with the Corporate health and safety
Implement and monitor effective customer service strategies. Work closely with client to
assure timely and satisfactory completion of work requirements and contract obligations
Attend meetings and submit reports as directed in a timely manner.
Attend appropriate conferences, workshop and trainings to upgrade and/or maintain all
skills required for the position.
Conduct site tours, quality inspections.
Provide supportive supervision, including staff counseling, coaching, discipline
Conduct all personnel management functions within legal guidelines including department
of labor, ESA regulations and occupational safety and health requirements.
Directly controls budgeted hours for the assigned location.
- High school Diploma/Post secondary education relevant to duties/responsibilities, may be substituted by relevant progressive work experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of leadership/supervisory experience in a cleaning, facility management environment for large commercial, industrial or manufacturing buildings.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct and control all activities required for custodial and related services at large facilities.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, implement and comply with contracts for custodial and related services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with client representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise employees.
- Must have knowledge of, and the ability to apply workplace safety practices in compliance OHSA legislation.
- Ability to work with all types of equipment and supplies normally found in commercial custodial and related services operations.
- Ability to work flexible hours, and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!