Cook -- Full time --- Winbourne Park, Ajax ON
- Ajax, ON, Canada
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and rewards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Our division, Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Full time Cook for Winbourne Park LTC facility in Ajax, ON
Compensation: $18.40 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Days, Afternoon and Evening (must have open availability)
Start Date: ASAP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
Assist Sous chef during food preparation performing duties such as: wash, peel, slice vegetables
Serve meals are on time and prepare for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
Clean kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store or discard excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
Operate and maintain kitchen equipment as instructed.
Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
Assist in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
Adhere to all other reasonable request from the management
Report needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Food Handling Certification is a must
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!