Executive Chef, ZINC
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Zinc Restaurant and Zinc Catering @ the Art Gallery of Alberta is proudly operated by Eurest Dining, a division of Compass Group.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support services company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Executive Chef, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Ensure catering food execution is flawless.
- Ensure restaurant line execution is flawless.
- Customize special event menus as client requires while maintaining costing within budget.
- Execute multiple events at the same time at the Art Gallery of Alberta as well as off-site catering.
- Create chef’s tasting menu on the spot as guests may request in the restaurant.
- Develop positive client relationships and ensure overall client satisfaction with service and menu options are achieved.
- Demonstrate creativity with inspiring menus, knowledge of the newest trends/cutting-edge cooking while following Healthy Eating Guidelines.
- Oversee your kitchen colleagues at their stations and ensure cleanliness is constantly maintained in the kitchen areas.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace incident to the General Manager or designate.
- Participate in Culinary scene food festivals as required.
- Present menus in front of an audience within an event and, from time to time, represent The Art Gallery of Alberta, Zinc Restaurant and Zinc Catering, as well as Compass Group Canada in the media.
- Social media Chef Presence.
- Community involvement.
Think you have what it takes to be the Executive Chef? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Minimum five years of Chef experience with a strong catering background and three years of leadership experience.
- You have great experience managing high-volume catering projects and the ability to prepare a large quantity of meals, daily, by yourself (when required).
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Very detail-oriented individual and a strong team player.
- Good client relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good understanding of culinary math, financials and pricing.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Able to work Tuesday through Saturdays. Sundays and Mondays if events are booked.
- Able to travel within Canada.
- You have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally between sites.