Environmental Services Supervisor (Housekeeping/Janitorial)
- Kingston, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the country’s leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors’ residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
Location: Kingston, Healthcare Setting
We believe that we can support patient healing by providing nourishing choices in a clean, safe and caring environment. When you work with us you are part of something bigger, something that touches a Patient’s life, puts a smile on their face, and gives them comfort. Our employees go home every day knowing they truly make a difference.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Environmental Services Supervisors, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage all aspects of staff scheduling, including: generating the master schedule, calling in replacement staff as needed, creating daily sign-in sheets, and updating the electronic payroll system.
- Be responsible for processing customer service inquires and calls.
- Work with all levels of facility staff to successfully coordinate and support all relevant activities of housekeeping, transportation of patients and patient related items and food tray delivery.
- Ensure a high level of cleanliness in this facility is achieved.
- Monitor quality through an established Quality Assurance program and be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at all times.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Environmental Services Supervisors? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- One year of experience as a Supervisor in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required (ideally in a healthcare environment); and post-secondary education in a related field.
- Experience in improving operational processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound labour relations skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!