Chef-Kitchen Manager - Retail Food
- Kingston, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the country’s leading foodservice and support services provider with over 25,000 associates working in more than 2,200 location throughout the country. The company specializes in providing foodservices and support services across the core sectors including leading sports and leisure venues, executive dining rooms and cafes, schools, universities, seniors’ residences and hospitals as well as remote camps and off shore oil rigs.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Chef Managers, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Participate in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, and development.
- Help with all catering/conference events on site.
- Assist in production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction.
- Be responsible for directly managing associates.
- Ensure the unit has strict compliance with the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Think you have what it takes to be our Chef Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Four years of culinary experience and strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates.
- Experience working for different brands and strong knowledge of processes and procedures
- Sound knowledge of financial management including the ability to control food and labour costs.
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- Catering and banquet experience.
- Hard-working, hands-on team player.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and feel comfortable learning new programs.
- The ability to work independently.
- You would be a preferred candidate if you have Red Seal culinary certification.