Environmental Services Manager - Maintenance Long Term Care
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
We believe that every Resident deserves warm and caring hospitality, healthy delicious meals, and a clean safe place to live. When you work with us you are part of something bigger, something that touches a Senior’s life, puts a smile on their face, and gives them comfort. Our employees go home every day knowing they truly make a difference.
The successful candidate will work in a Long Term Care Facility in Kitchener, On.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Environmental Services Managers, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Implement and conduct training sessions and coordinate an annual training calendar at site for all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Complete a monthly summary of the completed Compass Quality Assurance Program and submit to the District Manager, Unit Manager, Regional Director, Unit Manager and client.
- Conduct weekly quality assurance audits in housekeeping and laundry and follow-up with the staff, including keeping the manager involved as needed.
- Review job routines, programs and systems for housekeeping and laundry to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure the Compass Health and Safety program is in place, including trained first aiders, an active OH& S committee, H&S training and audits.
- Active participation in the Health and Safety Committee for the facility.
- Ensure all Marquise staff is appropriately trained in and follow infection control programs.
- Complete accident investigation forms and recommend ERTW programs for housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Attend client meetings as applicable to the areas in housekeeping and laundry.
- Interact with suppliers and vendors as it relates to housekeeping and laundry services.
- Recruit, hire, performance manage and discipline all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Participate in the budgeting process and the ongoing financial management of the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Ensure all Compass HR programs are in place and complete for housekeeping and laundry staff, including CHAT, Be-A-Star, HERO, Weekly Safety Minders, etc.
- Recommend equipment and supplies needed for housekeeping and laundry operations.
- Conduct hands-on daily maintenance (physical building maintenance required for this role-including floor care/cleaning and some snow blowing during winter).
- Act as the main liaison with the Environmental Public Health officer and other regulatory bodies, as applicable as it relates to environmental services.
- Participate in the completion of the Balanced Scorecard for the unit.
- Meet and check-in with the client on a regular basis and attend meetings as requested.
- Take the lead and coordinate schedules for environmental special projects.
Think you have what it takes to be an Environmental Services Manager? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education is mandatory
- Two years of management experience in healthcare, facilities, environmental services or related.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Windows.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!