Prep. Cook / Cook Helper
- Victoria, BC, Canada
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
We are currently hiring for a Permanent Part-Time Prep Cook / Cook Helper position with one of Marquise Hospitality divisions: Shannon Oaks / Marrion Village in Oak Bay, Victoria.
Start date: Immediately
Schedule: 10.30am – 6.30pm
Hourly Rate: 15.85/hr
Hours per week: 15-22 hours
Location: Shannon Oaks / Marrion Village in Oak Bay, Victoria
Why work with us?
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full Training and Development courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Amazing Benefits.
- Employee Rewards program.
As one of our Super Star Cooks, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Preparing various food products as required.
- Plating meals in an Assisted Living dining room environment.
- Cleaning kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
What we look for:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- 1 year culinary experience & education an asset.
- WHIMIS certificate an asset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment**
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!