Line Cook - Electronic Arts Cafeteria
- Burnaby, BC, Canada
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Restaurant Associates, is currently looking for a Line Cook to join our food service team at the Electronics Arts (EA) office building located in Burnaby, BC.
Restaurant Associates, a division of Compass Group Canada, is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. Restaurant Associates provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centres, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities, and off-premise catering.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities
- Friendly Work Environment
- Competitive pay
- Guarantee of Stable Employment
- Full Training and Development courses
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards program
- Prepare of all components of the meal.
- Follow the recipes/menu provided.
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing.
- Ensure meals are served on time.
- Sanitizing all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Serve food to customers.
- Wash and store pots and pans.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Assist with scheduling and staff replacement.
- Plan special event menus.
- Maintain safe work environment at all times.
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- Food Safe Certification.
- Kitchen, food service, or food preparation experience preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as a part of team.
- Able to stand on feet for extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to work in a fast paced environment and that is looking to grow in a role and an organization. APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
Start Date: Open Until Filled
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.00/hr
Hours per Week: 40
Shifts: Monday to Friday (7:00 am to 3:30 pm)
Location: Electronics Arts (EA), Burnaby, BC (Transit accessible location. Walking distance from BCIT Burnaby Campus)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.