Environmental Services / Housekeeping Supervisor (Floating)
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality specializes in providing dining, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and front desk reception services within Retirement and Long Term Care communities across Canada. We understand that senior living residences are vibrant communities. Our employees create a hospitality-style, ‘resident first experience’ culture, where service excellence is paramount and our mission is to enrich the lives of the residents we serve. Our expertise is offering programs appropriate to each residential community, continually demonstrating our commitment to wellness and providing residents, their families and clients with as much choice in our services and offerings as possible.
Position: Environmental Services / Housekeeping Supervisor (Floating)
Location: Abbottsford, Mission, Langley (Various sites within that geographical area)
Overview: Reporting to the Regional Environmental Services Manager, the EVS Supervisor will work closely with housekeeping, laundry and maintenance staff to continually improve their work performance. The Supervisor will assess, implement, monitor and continually improve training, education, quality assurance, and health and safety tools for all environmental services staff in the Senior Services Portfolio.
- Complete a required monthly audits using Westech Cleaning Outcome tools.
- Conduct weekly quality assurance audits in housekeeping and laundry and follow-up with the employees keeping the managers involved as needed.
- In conjunction with the managers implement and conduct the required training at each site for all housekeeping and laundry employees
- Review job routines, programs and systems for housekeeping and laundry to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Attend client meetings as applicable to the areas in housekeeping and laundry.
- Work in conjunction with the Director to ensure all Marquise employees are appropriately trained in and follow infection control standards.
- Assist the Regional Environmental Services Manager with recruiting, hiring, firing and disciplining all housekeeping and laundry employees.
- Work in conjunction with the Director to ensure appropriate products are sourced and used and that the correct suppliers and vendors as it relates to housekeeping and laundry services are used.
- Recommend equipment and supplies needed for housekeeping and laundry, operations.
- Work with the Regional Environmental Services Manager to ensure the preventative maintenance program is updated as needed and in place at the units.
- Provide input to the Regional Environmental Services Manager regarding performance appraisal on all housekeeping and laundry employees.
- Monitor Health and Safety for the facilities and take on a leadership role as required or requested.
- Assist Regional Environmental Services Manager to complete accident investigation forms and make recommendation ERTW programs for housekeeping, maintenance and laundry employees as required.
- Act of the main liaison with the Environmental Public Health officer and other regulatory bodies, as applicable and appropriate as it relates to environmental services.
- Meet and check-in with the client on a regular basis and attend meetings as requested.
- Take the lead and coordinate schedules for environmental special projects.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of two year’s experience in the environmental services (housekeeping) industry.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computers proficiency, specifically with Windows.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience to work as a member of a team, and to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity, and interest in people.
- Worked within a senior’s related setting.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.