Kitchen Help - Powell
- Acheson, AB T7X, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Compass Group Canada, the country’s leading foodservice and support Services Company.
Expected Wage: 16.00/hr
Shifts : Monday to Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm
Specific Duties To Be Performed:
* Reports to the Chef Manager
* Assists Chef with food preparation, including sandwiches, salads, short order cooking, may include some cashier duties.
* Delivers coffee supplies to kitchens, brews coffee.
* Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
* Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
* Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
* Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
* Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
* Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
* Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
* Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
* Attends in-service and safety meetings, as well as client led safety program.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Desired: college degree preferred
Previous Experience Desired: 1 yr desirable
Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!