Dietary Aide - Honoria Conway
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality?
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. We’re committed to delivering an exceptional experience within the Senior Living industry.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
What’s in it for you?
If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Compass Group.
Compass Group offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc through our Total Rewards program.
Marquise Hospitality is currently hiring for Casual/Part-Time Dietary Aides at the Honoria Conway in Vancouver, BC. Flexible availability is required as the schedule is assigned based on operational needs.
Start Date: ASAP
To prepare and serve meals to residents ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serve food to residents.
- Ensure that the overall presentation of the food is appealing.
- Setting and clearing of tables.
- Scrape and sort dirty dishware and place in the dishwasher.
- Setup and delivery of food trays to residents.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Prepare and pour all beverages.
- Restock service areas.
- Clean dining room floor after each meal service.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Maintain safe environment at all times.
- Perform duties according to health & safety work practices and report all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor immediately.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- High School Diploma.
- Food Safe Certificate- Level 1.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- Previous food preparation experience.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to read and communicate in English with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand on feet for long period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
**Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and TB test.**
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!