Cook (FT or PT) - Honoria Conway
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality?
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. We’re committed to delivering an exceptional experience within the Senior Living industry.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
What’s in it for you?
If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Compass Group.
Compass Group offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc through our Total Rewards program.
Do you have passion for cooking and strive in a fast paced environment? If yes, than join our team at Marquise Hospitality. We are currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic part-time or casual Cooks at the Honoria Conway -Senior Living Facility located in Vancouver, BC.
- Shift: Assigned based on operational needs. Available to work weekends and weekdays.
- Compensation: $18 -$19 per hour.
- Start Date: Immediate; however the position will remain open until filled.
To prepare meals for residents, ensure overall quality and presentation of the food.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
• Prepare all components of the meal.
• Follow the recipes/menu provided.
• Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing.
• Ensure meals are served on time.
• Plate meals including salads and desserts.
• Serve food to Residents.
• Follow any restricted dietary needs of the Residents.
• Sanitize all work surfaces and equipment used.
• Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
• Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule.
• Wash and store pots and pans accordingly.
• Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
• Complete required HACCP logs.
• Assists with special event menus.
• Maintain a safe environment at all times.
• Perform duties as per health & safety guidelines.
• Other reasonable requests from management.
• High School Diploma.
• Food Safe 1 & 2 certificates.
• Previous 2 3 years of cooking experience in the healthcare environment considered an asset.
• Cook certification/papers or working towards obtaining certificates.
• Previous food preparation experience.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Able to lift up to 25lbs and stand on feet for long periods of time.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to communicate with managers, residents and other employees
**Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check & TB test!**
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!