Cook (FT or PT) - Honoria Conway - Vancouver
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Marquise Hospitality, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic Part-time or Casual Cooks at the Honoria Conway - Senior Living Facility located in Vancouver, BC.
Marquise Hospitality specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities
- Friendly Work Environment
- Competitive pay
- Guarantee of Stable Employment
- Full Training and Development courses
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Flexible hours
- Employee Rewards program
- Prepare all components of the meal, following the recipes (menu provided).
- Ensure overall quality, presentation of the food is appealing, meals are served on time.
- Plate meals and serve food to Residents.
- Follow any restricted dietary needs of the Residents.
- Sanitize, clean all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule and restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assists with special event menus.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times, perform duties as per health & safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
• High School Diploma.
• Food Safe 1 & 2 certificates.
• Previous 2 3 years of cooking experience in the healthcare environment considered an asset.
• Cook certification/papers or working towards obtaining certificates.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Able to lift up to 25 lb and stand on feet for long periods of time.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to communicate with managers, residents and other employees
**Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check & TB test!**
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
- Shift: Assigned based on operational needs. Available to work weekends and weekdays.
- Compensation: $18 - $19 per hour.
- Start Date: Immediate; however the position will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.