Cook/Supervisor (Permanent Part-Time) - Holmberg House Hospice - Abbotsford, BC
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world.We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Why work with Compass Group Canada? We are the leading foodservice and support services company. We serve millions of customers each year and generate nearly $2 billion in revenue. We are proud to be a team of 500,000 associates worldwide. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality?
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. We’re committed to delivering an exceptional experience within the Senior Living industry. Choose a job that makes a difference in people’s lives every day—including your own.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group Canada, is currently looking for a Permanent Part-Time Cook/Supervisor for its Holmberg House Hospice in Abbotsford, BC.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Start Date: Immediate and will remain open until filled.
Job Status: Permanent (Part-Time)
Hours per week: 32 hours (4 shifts)
Flexibility as you will need to work Sundays & Mondays from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm.
Compensation: $21.27 per hour
- Desired: Culinary Education preferred.
- Previous Experience Desired.
- Previous experience in the kitchen setting an asset.
- Previous food preparation experience.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, customers, and other employees.
- Prepare of all components of the lunch and supper meals.
- Follow the recipes/menu provided.
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing..
- Sanitize all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Re-stock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule..
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Place Food Orders, perform Inventory counts
- Maintain safe work environment at all times.
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines.
Think you have what it takes to be our Cook (Supervisor)? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Food Safe Level 2/Advanced is required.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook, supervisory exeperience.
- Some experience working in a fine dining establishment is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry best practices.
- Culinary school diploma and prior food safety training are assets.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!