Housekeeper (Permanent Part-Time) - Holmberg House Hospice - Abbotsford, BC
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world.We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Why work with Compass Group Canada? We are the leading foodservice and support services company. We serve millions of customers each year and generate nearly $2 billion in revenue. We are proud to be a team of 500,000 associates worldwide. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality?
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. We’re committed to delivering an exceptional experience within the Senior Living industry. Choose a job that makes a difference in people’s lives every day—including your own.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group Canada, is currently looking for a Permanent Part-Time Housekeeper for its Holmberg House Hospice in Abbotsford, BC.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Start Date: Immediate and will remain open until filled.
Job Status: Permanent (Part-Time)
Hours per week: 32 hours (4 shifts)
Flexibility as you will need to work Fridays & Saturdays from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Compensation: $16.40 per hour
• To maintain the cleanliness of residents rooms and common area.
• Dust all ledges, moldings, windowsills and horizontal surfaces in resident's rooms.
• Wipe down counters, sinks, toilets & cupboards in bathroom areas.
• Sanitize toilets, sink handles and door knobs.
• Remove all garbage from resident rooms and common areas.
• Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed.
• Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed.
• Clean office areas and common areas.
• Check all main areas, lobbies, stairwells, elevators/escalators and mezzanines and clean as required.
• Respond to emergency cleanups as required.
• Assist with laundering of patient linens.
• Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
• Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs).
• Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines.
• Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
• Other reasonable requests from management.
• High School Diploma.
• Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
• At least 1 yr. experience as a housekeeper would be ideal.
• Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to stand on feet for long period of times.
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!