Food Service Supervisor - Cottage Worthington Pavilion
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
- Positions: Food Service Supervisor (Permanent Part Time)
- Location: Cottage Worthington Pavilion
- Hours: 15-25 hours per week.
- Schedule: 3 days on and 5 off rotation. Weekday 9am -5pm and Weekend 7am-3pm.
- Compensation: $21.35 per hour
- Start Date: Immediate; however the position will remain open until filled.
The Food Service Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and providing support for staff in the Food Service Department. This position requires a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding and resident centric customer service oriented environment.
• Customer Service must be your passion with a positive, energetic personality
• Must be able to lead the food service team, possessing strong leadership skills
• Have the knowledge and ability to cover shifts on occasion of staff shortages and provide assistance for staff when need arises
• Orientation and training of new staff, plus provide continuous coaching to ensure service standards are met
Must be extremely well organized, efficient and with exceptional time management skills
• Must have excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
Must be able to relate well with seniors
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word & Excel
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and work as a co-operative team player.
• Know, understand and implement HACCP rules
• Must possess a high standard of professionalism & hygiene
• Ensure Occupational Health and Safety is practiced in the workplace
• At least 1 year of recent related experience
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
• Computer literate
**Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check, TB test**
- Supervisory experience preferred in a hospitality setting
- Must have Food Service and Nutrition Management Certification or CSNM Credentials
- Food Safe Certification Level 2
- CPR and First-Aid would be an asset
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!