Cook (PT) - Berwick Royal Oak - Victoria
- Victoria, BC, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Come Join our Food Services Team of Marquise Hospitality In Victoria At Berwick Royal Oak!
Positions: Cook (PT)
Locations: Berwick Royal Oak in Victoria
Start date: Immediate
We are looking for candidates who has passion, enjoys cooking and serving meals to our residents. The successful candidates will have a positive can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
- Prepare of all components of the meal (hot and cold)
- Follow the recipes/menu provided
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing
- Ensure meals are served on time
- Sanitizing all work surfaces and equipment used
- Serve food to residents/patients
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads
- Beware of any and follow restricted dietary needs of residents/patients
- Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information
- Complete required HACCP logs
- Assist with scheduling and staff replacement
- Plan special event menus
- Maintain safe work environment at all times
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines
- Other reasonable requests from management
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Pay offered dependent on experience.
- Medical/Dental BENEFITS available after 3months employment for full time employees
- Transit accessible location (15 to 20 min drive from Downtown Victoria)
- Free Meal
- Uniform Allowance
- Opportunity to grow within the overarching company; Compass Group Canada
- Must have Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
- Previous 2 to 3years of cooking experience, preferably in the Long Term Care/Healthcare environment
- Cook certification/papers is considered an asset or equivalent experience
- Previous food preparation experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate with mangers, residents, and other employees
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and Tuberculosis (TB) test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!