FT Diet Technician
- Victoria, BC, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the nation’s leading food service and support services company.
With over 23,000, we set the standard for food and service excellence.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s
greatest talent Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
We are looking for a Full-time Diet Technician to be available at Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Diet Tech is:
- Accountable for verifying information of the patient diet orders according to the prescribed patient care plan, which includes proper food texture, patient food preferences and food allergies awareness.
- Inputs diet orders and information received from the Nursing department into CBORD system.
- Ensure patient menus and other reports are prepared and printed accurately and on time.
- Participates in patient visitations, auditing and quality control checks, and communicate with food service production department on patient needs and service requirements.
- Arranges call-ins for staffing replacements
Requirements: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Degree in Nutrition/ Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management
- Active, or elidgible member of the CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Management)
- Previous experience in healthcare dietary (as a Diet Technician) experience preferred, but NOT essential. Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic diets is required
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Work well independently and within a team
- Solid proficiency in Computers (MS Office)
- Access to a vehicle
Compass Group provides a comprehensive benefits package for all full time, permanent employees.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!