- Kitchener, ON, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest Services - Compass Canada Support Services Ltd. provides facilities management and support services solutions to our clients. We have the expertise, resources and established business infrastructure to develop and implement cost effective services and solutions to improve client operating efficiencies, value and profitability.
Position: Environmental Program Coordinator
Type: 35 hours per week plus additional seasonal hours as needed
Wage : $22.50/hour
Location: Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON
Overview: The Environmental Program Coordinator will primarily be responsible for advancing the facility’s efforts in reducing waste generation and increase diversion of materials through reuse, recycling, composting, donation, repurposing.
The Environmental Program Coordinator will also assist in developing, implementing, monitoring and communicating a campus-wide water, energy waste reduction programs at Conestoga College, resulting in tangible environmental, economic and social benefits. Foster partnerships and cooperation between various campus entities and programs. Collaborate with client to elevate on and off campus awareness of existing and new reduction and diversion initiatives.
- Monitoring and Improving of Waste Reduction and Diversion Program by conducting training with facilities management and housekeeping staff on correct waste material handling practices. Develop and complete studies to track and provide data on current WRD programs. Monitoring current practices and processes.
- Coordinate Annual Waste Audit and Reporting while developing long and short term recommendations.
- Collaborate with other departments to formalize sustainability policy and objectives for the facility
- Coordinate Campus Wide Involvement to enhance existing Waste Reduction and Diversion efforts
- External Involvement within the community
- Promote & Generate awareness through educating the staff, faculty, and students on best practices, guidelines, and financial incentives.
- Participate in seasonal waste audits, reporting and other sustainability projects Compass client base as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Environmental Management or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience and leadership in sustainability and sustainability best practices.
- Less than 1 year of experience performing waste audits is an asset
- A solid and in-depth knowledge base on sustainability matters related waste management and relevant legislation is essential
- Past experience with Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory management
- Past experience developing or reporting on quantifiable performance indicators of facility sustainability on an operational level – management of water, energy, waste, transportation, buildings, and procurement
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and administrative abilities and skills in research, report writing and developing communication materials.
- Advance knowledge of Excel
- Public speaking skills and experience in facilitating meetings, events, and interactions with diverse groups are important and necessary attributes in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position.
- Proven ability to engage stakeholders in initiatives in order to generate interest and participation.
- Proven ability to analyze cost/benefit of future and current programs.
- Access to a reliable vehicle for travel between campuses and to other Compass projects as needed
Look for us on Facebook and LinkedIn! Follow us on http://twitter.com/CompassABJobs
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!