Food Service Supervisor
- Campbell River, Canada
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
We are currently seeking a Supervisor at one of our Seniors Living Facilities - Berwick by the Sea in Campbell River, BC. This is a 7 days a week operation and as such will require working a combination of days, evenings, and weekends. This position is an excellent opportunity for career advancement.
Reporting to the Hospitality Director a successful supervisor will work with the Food Services Lead to ensure smooth day to day operations in our Dining Room and Bistro service areas. This supervisor will be required to work opposite of our Food Services Lead with overlap for communication.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties
- Be a presence in both dining areas during meal service supporting the food service team
- Ensure that the overall presentation of food is appealing
- Assist residents and guests in finding an appropriate seat
- Promptly resolve all resident and client concerns with professionalism and tact
- Assist in the training of new associates under the direction of management
- Ensure the cleanliness of the dining room and other service areas at all times
- Ensure adherence to our uniform policy with an emphasis on professional appearance
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personal information
- Complete the required HACCP logs
- Maintain a safe environment at all times
- Perform duties according to health & safety work practices, reporting all injuries and hazards to management immediately
- Other reasonable requests from management
- Food Safe Certificate - Level 1 (Advanced preferred)
- Serving it Right
- WHMIS Training
- First-Aid with CPR
- Previous supervisory experience particularly in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Confidence, positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
- Able to professionally communicate with managers, clients, direct reports, and residents
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and TB Test
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!