Substance Abuse Counselor (SARP)
- Medical Center Dr, Jacksonville, NC 28547, USA
Compass Government Solutions is a Woman Owned Small Business serving those who have served our nation and is committed to excellence in our daily practices.
Substance Abuse Counselor/Licensed Addiction Counselor will work in the Behavioral Health Clinical or sub-clinics (SARP, Deployment Wellness) at the Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune. Provide care to active duty, their families and retirees.
This is a full time position working 8 or 10 (with mutual agreement of the gov't and employee) Monday-Friday between the hours of 6am-8pm.
Associate of Arts degree in a behavioral science with specialized training in substance abuse and chemical dependency treatment or completion of the Navy Drug and Alcohol Program Management Activity School that leads to Navy Certification as Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor.
- Maintain a national certification credential by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors or National Board of Certification Counselors or International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse.
- Current, full, active and unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Addictions Counselor.
- Provide two letters of reference written within the preceding two years from a manager, director direct supervisor of a Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program, attesting to the health care worker s clinical skills in counseling males and females.
- One year of experience as a Substance Abuse Counselor after graduation.
- Must be U.S. Citizen (for access to Gov' t computer systems)
We offer competitive compensation
Paid time off, federal holidays and sick
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.