- 6905 W 159th St, Tinley Park, IL 60477, USA
- Department: Store Operations
Our team members are the industry's most enthusiastic and dedicated staff out there. We offer generous employee discounts and harbor a high energy and exciting work environment, because we know how to have fun! We're extremely passionate about motorcycles, riding and providing excellent customer service while cultivating long-lasting relationships with like-minded people. Comoto’s brands, RevZilla, Cycle Gear, and J&P Cycles, deliver premium products, dedicated expertise, engaging media, and passionate customer support of the rider community, through best-in-class e-commerce and retail experiences.
- The Merchandiser role is responsible for managing the stores backroom operations by receiving products into the POS system, keeping products organized and accounted for and helping process weekly pallets. The Merchandiser will also be in charge of processing damaged or defective products back to the Distribution Center and reporting these items to the Inventory Control Team. Additionally, the Merchandiser also works closely with the management team to ensure that an adequate level of product is in stock for customer purchase, that the merchandise is properly maintained, and that the merchandise is displayed appropriately with proper signage and favorable shelf placement. This includes store setup, MAPP execution, plan-o-gram setup and maintenance as well as the stocking of various types of products.
Our Merchandiser Will:
Be held accountable for all incoming and outgoing inventory.
Check-in and tag merchandise, ensure proper placement and display of merchandise on the sales floor and assist in completion of markdowns and price updates as needed.
Maintain store presentation according to company standards, including store housekeeping, merchandising, and retail standards. This includes the backroom and workstations.
Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a professional retail environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer with 90 seconds of entering the store, maintaining an upbeat, can-do attitude throughout customer interactions, and retaining solid product knowledge in order to deliver quality customer service
Reconcile special orders between vendors, distribution center and the customer.this includes contacting customers when orders arrive, delayed or out of stock.
Maintain awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, and advertisements set forth by the Marketing Team.
Routinely meet and exceed customer needs by providing needed products and answering customer questions.
Responsible for opening and closing the store as scheduled, following proper procedures as documented in the opening and closing checklist.
Our Merchandiser Has:
Previous retail, Inventory management, customer service, or sales experience; 2+ years preferred
Previous experience with meeting or exceeding sales objectives in a retail environment
Possess an upbeat, positive attitude, passionate about what they do, and thrives on being self motivated as well as an important part of a team.
Familiarity reading, comprehending and interpreting all Store Communications via Gear Net, MAPP, modules, plan-o-grams, schematics or POGs and product/department manuals
Possess strong computer acumen and attention to detail
Possesses strong writing and math ability to count and manage inventory and control cash.
Proven ability and desire to establish engaging rapport with customers.
Ability to work assigned schedule, Monday through Friday in addition to the ability to work some nights/evenings and holidays as assigned.
Familiarity with motorcycles, automotive and/or motorsports preferred.
- Competitive hourly base rate.
- Flexible schedule -- Great for students!
- Work in an industry that you are passionate about!
- Amazing employee discounts on all our great products.
- Great work/life balance.
- Training and development.
- Career opportunities.
- Just an all-around excellent place to work!!
Cycle Gear provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.