Sales Engineer - Enterprise (Dallas)
- Dallas, TX, USA
Commvault is the world's most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers' businesses forward. We're all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a technical sales support position responsible for orchestrating pre-sales engagement to current and prospective clients.
The position requires a strong technical leader who understands how his or her decisions impact and influence the customer’s bottom line while at the same time drive revenue for Commvault. The SE must be seen as a trusted advisor at all levels within an account (C-Suite, technical stakeholders, etc.), as well as, be a team leader, mentor, teach, and contribute to overall success of Commvault.
The SE drives or supports complex sales opportunities by translating business requirements into solution technical requirements; coordinating technical expertise; sizing, scoping, defining delivery and deployment approach, timeline, and required resources; coordinating demonstrations and proof-of-concept; and supporting internal deal acceptance.
- Work as part of the account team to formulate and produce territory plans, account strategies, and sales plans including engaging specialist resources for accounts determined by the Sales and SE Manager. SE will as well develop new opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Anticipate technology trends and successfully build strong relationships with partners and internal departments (sales, support, business units, product management, marketing, development), as appropriate, to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is extremely positive.
- Embrace calling on senior level IT leadership often without account executive present at the same time and engage with the customer to qualify and understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be addressed with any one or all of Commvault products.
- Proactive in building relationships with technical decision makers within end-user accounts and driving detailed, executable Technical Account Plans for all focus targets and current customers utilizing Commvault Target Account Selling methodology for both open opportunities and ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Distill the pre-sales discovery into a concise message, outlining the salient technical, business, operational, and financial inefficiencies/challenges that Commvault addresses with its products.
- Collaborate with the creation and presentation of a business case to any and all business sponsors (i.e., C-level executives, technical partners, etc.) in support of the Commvault solution.
- Propose and professionally demonstrate Commvault products through the use of presentations, existing customer solutions, white board, demo’s, pilots, "proof-of-concepts", etc.
- Actively participate in all Sales and regional meetings, QBRs, adding value and technical leadership on all topics (field marketing, qualifying, etc.).
- Provide technical expertise and enablement support for the channel and alliance partners as needed.
- Continuously develop and maintain technical and market expertise through training, certifications, conferences, etc.
- Keep senior management and relevant internal groups informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results through business reviews and Salesforce.com documentation.
- Provide feedback on potential product or process improvements to appropriate internal groups and participate where necessary in formulating innovative solutions.
- 5+ years in the software or storage industry; 3+ years of experience serving in a pre-sales sales engineer role.
- Demonstrates solid experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting assigned Enterprise /, Commercial Clients and/or territories.
- Provides strong competitive knowledge
- Proven strong experience selling, conducting Proof of Concept (POC), architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.).
- Ability to work in a rapid growth environment where priorities, roles and responsibilities are continuously updated to meet market and customer demands.
- Experienced in participating in and building teams of specialists to support customers and sales cycles to successful outcomes.
- Basic knowledge with common Software licensing practices (cloud, perpetual, term, maintenance)
- Specialized knowledge/skills and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major open systems operating system, hypervisor or cloud.
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Exchange, db2, SharePoint, etc.
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as storage, servers, networking, cloud , hyper-convergence, etc.
- Requires strong consultative selling skills which pair product expertise with business, industry and competitive acumen. Solid experience with business case creation and TCO modeling are definite pluses for this role.
- Success penetrating and managing a minimum of three major accounts (Fortune 500-1000).
- Excellent written, presentation, and communication skills; ability to build and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to work in an organized, procedural manner using tools such as Salesforce.com to facilitate process and information organization.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/engineering or related and proven technical field experience in IT industry preferred.
- Sales methodology experience (MEDDIC, TAS, SPIN, Solution Selling, Challenger, etc .)
- Able to work remotely and autonomously
- Travel up to 50%
Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, our industry's definitive independent ranking. For the seventh straight year, Commvault has been named a leader. And this year we're furthest on the "completeness of vision" and highest on the "ability to execute."
Commvault offers its products through a broad array of distribution partners globally, while building upon its strong portfolio of strategic partnerships with leading technology companies including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Oracle, SAP, Nutanix, Pure, HP, Hitachi, NetApp and many others. Commvault's global headquarters is located in Tinton Falls NJ, with additional offices that support customers globally across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.